Happy humpday everyone!!
Today’s blog will be my 2018 skin care routine. One thing I’ve realized throughout the past few years is that skin care is so important. Skin care prevents aging, acne, dark spots, and dullness. Many people are way too lazy when it comes to washing their face. If you’re one of those people who just use water or a makeup wipe to clean your face…this one is ESPECIALLY for you. I have never had terrible skin, even when I was younger I never struggled with acne. My skin is combination, with an oily T-zone and normal (dry in the winter) cheeks. This past semester I had really bad stress breakouts and I tried everything to get rid of them. The skin care routine below is an easy inexpensive way to keep your skin looking great everyday and is what got me back to having clear skin. When you see the list of products it may seem like a lot but I promise..
A. You’ll get used to being in a routine
B. Your skin will thank you!!
Don’t believe me???? Here’s all the proof you need.
So finally… Here’s the list in the order I apply them
- Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel ($14-$24)
- Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub ($5-$7)
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater ($7-$12)
- Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing lotion ($15-$26)
- E.L.F. Hydrating Serum ($12)
- E.L.F Eye Cream
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream ($22)
- Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer ($24)
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment ($6-$8)
I know that this seems crazy, but you can get through this routine in less than 5 minutes, and you don’t use every single product every day. I keep my cleanser and my exfoliator in the bathroom. I pretty much alternate between the two everyday. It’s not good for your skin to exfoliate every day so 2-3 times a week is good amount.
Here are the steps you need to follow to achieve the skin you’ve always wanted..
- Start off with the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel or the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. Switch off every other day. Both of these are suitable for all skin types, but I would recommend going in with a moisturizer specifically for dry skin at the end of your routine if that’s something that you struggle with.
2. After washing your face, spritz some Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray. Then, put a little bit of the Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing lotion on a cotton pad and apply it to the whole face. This combo removes all the dirt that your cleansers missed in the shower. The toner also helps with evening out your skin tone. (Good for all skin types)
3. After the second step you’re going to go in with your ELF Serum and Eye Cream. The serum is going to help your complexion look even and hydrated, while the eye cream will help puffiness and drying underneath the eyes. These products are so great for the price and I have repurchased twice! (Good for all skin types)
4. Next, you’re going to go in with a moisturizer or cream. During the day, I wear the Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer. This is a nice light lotion that doesn’t make me feel greasy. At night, I use the Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream. This cream is the holy grail of my skin care routine!!! You only need a dime sized amount and you apply starting at the T-zone. When I wake up my skin is soft and radiant! Many times when I wake up I have pools of grease on my face (TMI???) but with this I wake up with silky smooth skin! This is the only step I really think people need to focus on their specific skin type. These creams are specifically for oily and combo skin, but if you’re interested in Mario Badescu you can look on the bottles and they’ll say what skin type they’re meant for.
5. Lastly, if you feel that you have a large pimple or breakout that you want to get rid of, I recommend using the Clean & Clear Acne Spot Treatment. I put a thin layer on before I go to sleep and when I wake up the pimple is significantly reduced in size.
and YES you are FINALLY done with your skincare!! Did you make it? Are you still there? I know it seems like so much, but I strongly recommend a routine like this if you are someone who struggles with acne and are willing to take the extra steps to have great skin. I can do this routine in 3 minutes and I know you can too! I really hope this helps anyone who needs some good skincare recommendations. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out!
Thanks for reading and I’ll talk to you in my next post 🙂